Hi,

I am wondering if it is possible to do TLS only through memory buffers. I
have an application where I'd like to add encryption and authentication to
the communication layer. During a TLS handshake the application could send
and receive memory buffers. But I do not have access to the socket. (So
transport medium could be something different than TCP/IP and I can't
influence that)
After the session is initilized the app passes memory buffers to my code,
TLS encryption/decryption is applied and the result should the passed back
to the app.
So I'd like to know if the TLS stack can also be used/configured, so that
the message from the network could be placed in a BIO_s_mem() and ends up
before sending over a network in a BIO_s_mem()?
Especially if this is also possible for the handshake?
Are there any "unrequested" messages in a TLS session (like change of
session key) for what I would need a callback in the app to send this over
the transport medium?

So the picture is the following:

App (client) --(buf0)--> my library that does TLS --(buf1)--> App (client)
--(buf1)--> transport medium --> App (server) --(buf1)--> my library that
does TLS --(buf2)--> App (server)

Here buf2 == buf0 and buf1 is the encrypted content.

I hope you got the problem that I'd like to solve.

Thanks and best regards,

#micha

--
main(i,c)/* /"\ ASCII Ribbon | Die Mathematik ist die Königin */{for(scanf
("%d",&c)/* \ / Campaign     | der Wissenschaften und die     */;1<(c/=i