Hello All,

I modified the exports to build the FIPS module correctly.

Using Android NDK 8e, building for API14  using the arm-linux-androideabi

It builds the FIPs modules correctly and places them in my Home Directory,
which is where I told it to Export in the "make install INSTALLTOP...". No
issue there.

Then when Transferring to the Openssl1.0.1e dir:
./config fips shared --with-fipsdir=/home/stacy/AndroBuild/../fips
^ With or with the -t results in the same issues listed below

It recognizes everything correctly and config's without issue (same exports
- android.
Operating system: armv7l-whatever-android

Then, I run the "make depend"

No problems there.

The Issue is when I run the final "make" with the FIPS module (running make
without the FIPS runs no issue).

This is what I receive as the output:

/home/stacy/AndroBuild/../fips/lib/fipscanister.o: file not recognized:
File format not recognized
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [fips_premain_dso] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/stacy/AndroBuild/openssl-1.0.1e'
make[1]: *** [shared] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/stacy/AndroBuild/openssl-1.0.1e/crypto'
make: *** [build_crypto] Error 1

Can anyone help with with what is going wrong here?

--
Stacy Devino
StacyDevino.com