Recently (within last month or so but can't pinpoint it to a specific change of
ours in the OpenSSL version), we started getting this error:

error:1408F119:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:decryption failed or bad record mac

We haven't changed our application in a way that changes the utilization of
OpenSSL (although timing-related differences could certainly have an impact).
We did some searching and see a lot of discussion regarding this.

Some recent (2013) search results indicate a seemingly related issue fixed in
1.0.0e, however that's the version I'm on.

Some other results indicate this patch is related:
http://git.openssl.org/gitweb/?p=openssl.git;a=commitdiff;h=32cc247 but the
patch seems to be (just) prior to 1.0.0e, it's not clear to me

Information on my specific issue: it's not a connect-time or handshake-related
issue... in my case, the connection is ongoing and this randomly shows up when
there's a burst in traffic on the connection (sometimes minutes or hours into
the connection).

Anyone have any additional insight before I dig deeper?  Thanks!  Mark.