If you create a selfsigned certificate, the signature algorithm will obviously
be that of the public key of the certificate. If you use an EC key, you can
only end up with a ecds-with* signature. If you want sha1WithRSAEncryption,
you need to create a RSA key. Or have your EC-certificate signed by a RSA-based
CA instead of a selfsigned certificate.

cheers
Mat