Ok this sounds like Dual EC DRBG is not really a problem for someone not
bound to use it.
So what about ECDH, I've read in many places e.g. on this cryptography
mailinglist [1] that
it could be trouble when the curves have been suggested by the NSA.
What about the use of hardware rngs?

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/cryptography@metzdowd.com/msg12325.html