On 4/25/2014 3:36 PM, Salz, Rich wrote:
While we’re still waiting to hear from the core team about changes, I
might as well add to the noise and throw this out there.

Perhaps openssl should become an Apache project? Keep the foundation for
financial reasons, but use their infrastructure and such.  Or perhaps
consider adopting a large portion of their “rules.”

As a US based organization, Apache is unsuited and (given fairly recent
public news) untrusted to have any power of a project such as OpenSSL.

Additionally, the Apache foundation has accumulated so many important
projects over the last few years that it they are becoming a single
point of failure for too many things (or "too big to fail" as it is
called in some other sectors).

Thus I think a different organization would be needed if OpenSSL were
to give up its independence.

Enjoy

Jakob
--
Jakob Bohm, CIO, Partner, WiseMo A/S.  http://www.wisemo.com
Transformervej 29, 2730 Herlev, Denmark.  Direct +45 31 13 16 10