I am new to this forum so please excuse me if I do not do this right.

I am working on a z/OS 1.13 system aka OS/390 aka MVS.

We have the need to parse X509 certificates.  We were using an older version,
0.9.6a, but found that it did not interpret new signing algorithms correctly.  I
pulled down 1.0.1h and after a few known glitches, I was able to compile it.

It does what I need in the sense that it now interprets the newer algorithms but
it fails on the certificate time fields.  I am doing this command

openssl x509 -noout -in certfile -text

and I get this output (serial number and signer removed):
Certificate:
        Version: 3 (0x2)
        Serial Number:  xxxx
    Signature Algorithm: sha256WithRSAEncryption
        Issuer: C=GB, ...
        Validity
            Not Before: Bad time value
I am not sure how to proceed.  If anyone could instruct me or direct me, I would
appreciate it.

Tim T.