In message
<2a0efb9c05d0164e98f19bb0af3708c71d12a97...@usmbx1.msg.corp.akamai.com> on Mon,
8 Sep 2014 08:57:55 -0400, "Salz, Rich" <rs...@akamai.com> said:

rsalz> > My suggestion is indeed that openssl lib switch to C++, at least for
rsalz> > namespace usage.
rsalz>
rsalz> That would be nice to have.  But C++ classes are like opinions --
everyone has one, nobody wants to use anyone else's. :)
rsalz>
rsalz> I'd be surprised if OpenSSL started work on this, but I'd encourage
interested folks to work on it.

Nothing really stops us from creating a C++ namespace.  After all, we
do have the following construct in quite a number if not all exported
header files:

    #ifdef  __cplusplus
    extern "C" {
    #endif

    /* yada yada yada */

    #ifdef  __cplusplus
    }
    #endif

What's stopping us from specifying a namespace in there, technically
speaking?  I mean, except for backward compatibility (people will
suddenly HAVE to have a line saying "using namespace openssl;" or
something like that).

Cheers,
Richard

--