I downloaded the OpenSSL 1.0.0o source but I am running into a new problem when trying to compile it. The 'make depend' step fails with:

s3_lib.c:2507:4: error: #error Code needs update for SSLv23_method() support beyond TLS1_VERSION. d1_lib.c:273:4: error: #error Code needs update for DTLS_method() support beyond DTLS1_VERSION.
make[1]: *** [depend] Error 1

I have tracked this down to makedepend (and probably gcc) are using the header files (<openssl/tls1.h>) from the tool chain usr/include/openssl directory, rather than the header files from the source directory (the tool chain contains the header files from 1.0.0n). I confirmed that makedepend is being passed CFLAG=" -I../crypto -I.. -I../include", but I suspect that the tool chain header file search path is being searched first.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Jay