Hi all,

The documentation of DSA_sign(3) says:

"DSA_sign() computes a digital signature on the len byte message digest dgst using the private key dsa ... "

The formulation "the private key dsa" confuses me because:
- the variable dsa is of type pointer to struct DSA, where the struct has several members
- only one of these members is the private key (BIGNUM *priv_key)

So how should I handle the other members of the dsa struct, when passing it to DSA_sign()? Is it OK to just ignore them, or assign them (BIGNUM *)NULL ?

Or am I mistaken on an entirely different logical level?

Thanks in advance for any clarification,

Erik Leunissen