El día Wednesday, November 05, 2014 a las 10:10:26AM +0100, Marcus Meissner
escribió:

> On Wed, Nov 05, 2014 at 08:28:40AM +0000, Mody, Darshan (Darshan) wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Does Openssl support IPv6 officially?.
>
> AFAIK the libssl and libcrypto libraries do not use sockets at all,
> these are left to the applications/libraries using them.
>
> So openssl does neither support ipv4 nor ipv6.

Marcus,

I do not fully understand your reply. Ofc, openssl is using sockets to
talk over. The question is only if openssl is capable to create an IPv6
socket behind its scene or not. And it can not do this, one has to pass
a created IPv6 socket to the SSL layer routines.

This should be fixed.

        matthias

--
Matthias Apitz               |  /"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign:
E-mail: g...@unixarea.de     |  \ /   - No HTML/RTF in E-mail