> with a host device which will be ported with FIPS compliant OpenSSL library.
> Our embedded device will be using ECDSA (FIPS 186-3)  and ECDH (FIPS
> SP800-56A) by calling APIs of ATECC508A SDK.  Is there any compatibility
> issue?

There shouldn't be.  But interop is a hard thing, and a single bug on either
side can break compatibility.  You really won't know until you test it.

> 1. Whether a digest signed using openssl library can be verified in our
> embedded module and vice-versa .

As I said, it should work.

> 2. We understand that, OpenSSL doesn’t have FIPS 140-2 certification for
> ECDH. If we use ECDH, whether we can claim our system to be FIPS 140-2
> compliant?

You should be careful what you say.  If you claim to be certified, that would
be lying ...

> ---Disclaimer------------------------------ This e-mail contains PRIVILEGED
> AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION

Please get your company policy changed.  Posting a big block disclaimer like
this, when writing to a public mailing list, is very obnoxious.