On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 1:41 PM, Dr. Stephen Henson <st...@openssl.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 13, 2017, Sam Roberts wrote:
>> On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 12:34 PM, Dr. Stephen Henson <st...@openssl.org>
>> wrote:
>> > If you do want to link against the static libraries then the easiest way
>> > to do
>> > that is to examine the contents of nt.mak, look for FIPSLINK and adapt the
>> > rule to your needs.
>>
>> Where is nt.mak? Its mentioned in the User Guide but I didn't find it
>> in the github repo, or tarballs for openssl 1.0.2j or 1.1.0c, or
>> tarballs for openssl-fips 2.0.9, or 2.0.16
>>

> It's created by OpenSSL when you follow the Windows build procedure.

No luck so far. I dowloaded openssl-1.0.2l did the `perl Configure ...
--with=fipsdir...` from section 4.3.3 and don't have a ms/nt.mak.

Or is it openssl-fips that is going to have the ms/nt.mak? I followed
the directions in section 4.3.1 and I have a ms/ntdll.mak, but no
nt.mak.

For context, I've never done the openssl perl build (until just now,
to try to get a nt.mak), because I'm working on Node.js. It has
openssl copied into its git repo as a dependency, and builds and
statically links it using a gyp based build system. This works fine
for Linux FIPS, but I'm trying to get it working for Windows FIPS.
First I need to figure out the fipslink.pl commands to call by hand,
then I'll have the fun of trying to convince gyp to generate ninja
files that call fipslink.pl correctly.