From: Jayalakshmi bhat [mailto:bhat.jayalaks...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, 19 February 2018 7:16 PM
To: openssl-users@openssl.org
Subject: [openssl-users] How to make OpenSSL engine usage application specific?

Hello All,

We have 2 RSA OpenSSL engines in our product. Both the engines performs same
RSA encyrpt/decrypt operations. For easy explaination I am naming engines as

1. RSA smart card  engine

2. RSA TPM engine

Engine usage is application specific.There are couple of applications dependent
on RSA TPM  engine. And are few applications dependent on RSA smart card
engine.

We wanted to know if there are any APIs provided by OpenSSL to make the engine
usage application specific? Is there any way we can make OpenSSL chose specific
engine for

specific application.

Regards

Jayalakshmi.