On 4. des. 2018, at 4:00 e.h., zhongju li via openssl-users
<openssl-users@openssl.org> wrote:
> Now I need to convert the key in RSA format to EVP_PKEY, then to PKCS#8. I
> have tried the following functions, all of these functions return 0 (failure)
> without any further debugging information/clues:
> EVP_PKEY_assign_RSA(pEvpkey, rsa);

Is it possible that pEvpkey or rsa is NULL? (You need to create a EVP_PKEY with
EVP_PKEY_new() before putting a specific key into it.)

Otherwise, have you checked whether there is anything in the openssl error
stack (using ERR_get_error(), ERR_print_errors_fp(), or similar)?

> I did google searching, but have not figured out why the about functions
> failed (one posting mentions “export version” vs. domestic version??).

There used to be different versions because of US export laws but I don't think
that has been the case for many years.