On 29/12/2018 22:33, Richard Levitte wrote:
In message <20181229.170846.804158981742723988.levi...@openssl.org> on Sat, 29 Dec
2018 17:08:46 +0100 (CET), Richard Levitte <levi...@openssl.org> said:

In message <38b97114-0c66-40ed-f631-58aa20940...@gmx.de> on Sat, 29 Dec 2018 14:19:47 +0100,
"C.Wehrmeyer" <c.wehrme...@gmx.de> said:

What's wrong with that, you ask? Let me show you how I'd have done
that:

static const unsigned char ssl3_pad_1[] =
{
     "66666666"
     "66666666"
     "66666666"
     "66666666"
     "66666666"
     "66666666"
};

static const unsigned char*ssl3_pad_2[] =
{
     "\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
     "\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
     "\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
     "\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
     "\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
     "\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
};
So, no. I don't trust anyone. Especially not this mess of a code.
You do know that your string insert NUL bytes, right?  If you have a
look at how they're used, you might see why those stray NUL bytes
aren't a good thing.
Never mind this remark...  For some reason, my brain added commas
after each partial string.  Meh...

It still inserts NUL bytes at the end of each array, changing
sizeof(array) as well as cache access patterns (and thus side
channel effects).

Enjoy

Jakob