On 7/18/19 1:34 PM, Mark Richter wrote:
This is probably along the same lines as other questions I have hasked.

I built the 1.1.1 libraries and installed them in /opt/openssl1.1, then modified the Makefile to include the right –I and -L flags, but I get this error:

haven't backtracked through the entire thread, but some of the errors were familiar, and noticed your comment re: "modified the Makefile" ...

Are you (already) using 'config', & including the options:

./config \
 --prefix=/usr/local/openssl \
 --openssldir=/usr/local/openssl \
 --libdir=lib64 \
 -Wl,-rpath=/usr/local/openssl/lib64 \

Here, that configure & builds nicely without having to directly mod Makefile.