[Top posting for consistency]

More than OS dependency, this depends on the exact hardware on the platform:
CPU, support chips, peripheral chips.   Usually some of these can provide
much more randomness than the highly predictable time of day/year RTC clock.
 And if none do, there are simple RNG hardware designs that could be added
in a corner of the circuit, either on a plugin board or as part of a board
already customized to the application.