Hello All,

Happy new year and Wish you all the best in 2021.

I am doing a browser memory leak investigation.. as part of the
investigation, we are using heaptrack and our observation is top-most
memory allocation happens in openssl with following memory allocation
back-trace.

>From my investigation.. it seems like this is not a memory leak as such but
the way openssl allocates memory.. for each connection it looks like once
the memory assigned ( like storage certificate ) is not freed.. I am not
sure how this works if you point me to some document explaining memory
usage within openssl could be great help.

My second question is.. is there a way i can limit this connection-pool in
openssl?. For embedded systems we will not have lot of memory so we need to
reduce our memory allocation, and if we can reduce number fo
connections memory is allocated for may be i have an answer to my question.

CRYPTO_malloc
asn1_enc_save
asn1_item_ex_d2i
asn1_template_noexp_d2i