Hello,

I'm a C++ programmer.   I recently downloaded and installed the OpenSSL
library to my Windows 10 machine.

>From this site https://slproweb.com/products/Win32OpenSSL.html
 I downloaded " Win32 OpenSSL v3.0.2" MSI

  I'm using Visual Studio 2019.

Anyway, the long and short of it is that I am having a bear of a time
getting things to work.  I did get base64 coding/encoding working, and I
was able to get

this guys example working:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxAdd03wyUo&t=621s&ab_channel=HuiYuan
However, his second example here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMBk_dGgiHI&ab_channel=HuiYuan, only half
worked for me.  The encryption worked, but the decryption threw an error
in EVP_DecryptFinal_ex, where it returned error code 0.

These were just examples I looked at.

Anyway, I'm trying to encrypt/decrypt using RSA and DES schemes.  I've
tried some of the older code examples I could find, but some of the
functions weren't recognized by my header files.

Can anyone help me with this?  I want to encrypt fairly long strings.  A
few hundred bytes or so.   Maybe longer.  If I can do a continuous stream
of blocks that would be great, as well.

 Also, is there an efficient way to search this email list?  I was trying
to search for similar questions but wasn't able.    I guess I could use
google and the email list name?

Thanks for any help,
Regards
...John