On June 21, 2022 7:40 PM, I wrote:
>Our test process for 10-test_bn went into a hard loop when building using
IEEE
>float. This has not happened in prior tests or when using platform floating
point
>(default). The situation does not occur in 3.0.4 - only 1.1.1p. At 1.1.1o
there was no
>issue. I am concerned that there are assumptions made relating to BN
processing
>with this change but do not know enough about the Montgomery structures to
be
>able to isolate the cause of this.
>
>This happens on the big-endian NonStop x86 platform.

This appears to be across all 1.1.1p builds, not just the IEEE float build.
10-test_bn loops. I have tried examining the stack during execution, but it
looks like the stack itself is corrupt. Other tests that also have failed at
1.1.1p are: 30-test_evp_extra, 70-test_verify_extra, 80-test_dane,
80-test_ssl_new, 80-test_ssl_old, 90-test_sslapi,

It is curious that this is virtually the same set of tests that fail at 3.1
but not 3.0 on this platform. I will not be recommending 1.1.1p for use on
our platform as a result.

Sincerely sorry,
Randall