Hi everyone,

I'm trying to enable fips provider in openssl3 by writing the following lines
into openssl.cnf file:

openssl_conf = openssl_init

.include fipsmodule.cnf

[openssl_init]
providers = provider_sect

[provider_sect]
fips = fips_sect
base = base_sect

[base_sect]
activate = 1

Now when it is enabled, there is an error in syslog that libproviders.so file
not found:

DSO support routines:dlfcn_load:could not load the shared
library:crypto/dso/dso_dlfcn.c:118:filename(libproviders.so): libproviders.so:
140666570000192:error:25070067:DSO support routines:DSO_load:could not load the
shared library:crypto/dso/dso_lib.c:162:
140666570000192:error:0E07506E:configuration file
routines:module_load_dso:error loading
dso:crypto/conf/conf_mod.c:224:module=providers, path=providers
140666570000192:error:0E076071:configuration file routines:module_run:unknown
module name:crypto/conf/conf_mod.c:165:module=providers

And this seems to be a common issue in openssl3. I have seen solutions like
commenting out provider_sect but I think I would need it to enable fips
provider. Is there any working solution for this?

Thank you,
Ashish

Notice: This e-mail together with any attachments may contain information of
Ribbon Communications Inc. and its Affiliates that is confidential and/or
proprietary for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, disclosure,
reliance or distribution by others or forwarding without express permission is
strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the
sender immediately and then delete all copies, including any attachments.