On May 22, 2014, at 4:28 AM, Thierry Carrez
<thie...@openstack.org<mailto:thie...@openstack.org>> wrote:

Now I understand it can be confusing, especially for people without a
Launchpad Bugs background. Maybe we can find a better term for "tasks"
("work items" ? "steps" ? "commits" ?), maybe we need to
educate/document more, maybe the UI should make it easier to grasp as a
concept. But given that our primary audience is OpenStack developers, I
suspect that once they understand the concept it's not that much of an
issue. And since most of them have to use Launchpad Bugs now (which has
a similar concept), the learning curve is not too steep...

Is there a mockup/prototype or anything that shows what the longer term vision
of storyboard is - how the information architecture and workflow will be? As an
easy example, is there a plan for a story to ever have a type - like ‘bug’,
‘suggestion’, etc? The reason I ask is it can be hard to select good labels for
things without knowing what the full data schema is going to look like. and
vice versa, once more of that is visible in the UI, users might become less
confused!

I’m also curious about the terms selected - ‘story’ has a specific meaning in
agile but looks to be different in storyboard, and it seems like ‘blueprint’
isn’t being used anymore. If we understand the overall thinking behind the
concepts, it will be easier for people to help come up with terms that better
reflect those underlying concepts.

-Jacki