On Jul 9, 2013, at 5:37 PM, Nachi Ueno <na...@ntti3.com> wrote:

> We have two suboption for db api based solution
>
> Option4. REST API + DB with Preload with Conf
> https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1v0nLTEsFOwWeYpYjpw4qe3QHB5lLZEE_b0TmmR5b7ic/edit#slide=id.gf14b7b30_00
>
> so IMO, we can drop  option3.
>
> I believe option4 is easy to implement.

I'm not onboard with option 4 either.  At the last summit, we talked about
making Neutron easier to deploy.  Using a database to sync configuration state
adds complexity.  Having some values in a configuration and others in the
database (even cached) is a recipe for a major headache.  For the deployments
running multiple instances of Neutron, they should be using Chef, Chef, Salt,
etc for managing their configs anyway.

Using only configuration files (option 1) remains my preference.

mark