On Jul 15, 2013, at 7:22 PM, Gareth <academicgar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, all
>
> There are some common codes in most of projects, such as opnstack/common, db,
> and some else (?). I know a good way is using 'import oslo' is ok, instead of
> copy those codes here and there. And now we already have project oslo and
> trove, but how and when do we handle old codes, remove that in next major
> release?

From the trove perspective we are trying to keep our Oslo code updated as often
as possible. Once the code leaves incubator status (the code copy you mention),
we will adopt the individual libraries. I believe oslo.messaging is the next on
our list.

As for timeline, we try to stay current with one caveat. We stop pulling large
updates in as milestone deadlines approach. So pull in updates early in the
milestone, so that they are there for the milestone, and eventually the
release. We have a review inflight waiting for the h2 cutoff so we can merge it
[1] that has the latest oslo. This approach may very somewhat from other
projects so ill let the PTLs chime in :)

Is there specific code you are referring to?

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/36140/