On Jul 16, 2013, at 7:45 PM, Haomai Wang wrote:

> 在 2013-7-17,上午4:42,Michael Basnight <mbasni...@gmail.com> 写道:
>
>> On Jul 16, 2013, at 12:49 PM, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
>>
>>> Hey,

>>> Seems fine to me, but I'd see adding non-relational support as an
>>> expansion of Trove's scope as approved by the TC.
>>>
>>> I know we discussed whether it should be in scope from the beginning,
>>> but I thought we didn't want rule out the possibility of an entirely new
>>> team of folks coming up with a NoSQL as a Service project.
>>
>> Cant disagree with this, because of the initial TCT ruling. FWIW we are
>> working on some NoSQL stuff _in_ trove at present. Maybe i should bring it
>> up at the next TCT meeting? Ive done a redis POC in the past and can show
>> the code for that. It was before the rename and has a small ammt of bitrot
>> but its something i can definitely show to the group.
> +1, I'm interested in Trove and I want to do some works for it. NoSQL is
> easier to control than SQL database and I want to join it to implement
> LevelDB.

Great! Feel free to join in. The API is extensible enough at present to allow
you to implement LevelDB, or any other NoSQL data store. Its _almost_ as simple
as adding a custom guest manager [1], and making sure you edit the api config
to specify service_type=name_of_service_type. There are a few more small
gotchas, but thats a good 80% of the implementation. You can also create
strategies to define how you backup/restore 'service_type', but i wont get into
that on list. We are also working on a cluster api to allow cluster
instrumentation, which i will be sending out in the next few weeks for the
community to scrutinize.

Find me on irc, #openstack-trove, user hub_cap for more information.

[1] https://github.com/openstack/trove/tree/master/trove/guestagent/manager