Hello All,

I am trying to make my neutron plugin  to configure a physical switch(using
vlans), while in create_port I am trying to configure the physical switch I see
a lot of create_port and delete_port  calls appearing in server.log.
I am assuming that this may be due to the amount of time required to
configure/commit on the physical switch is higher, and nova may be trying
multiple times to create port (and deleting port when response does not arrive
within a timeout period).

Is there a timeout value in neutron or nova that can be altered so that the
client can wait for the create_port to finish instead of sending multiple
create/delete port?

Thanks
Chandan