This is an FFE request for adding console support for Hyper-V. Unlike most
other hypervisors, Hyper-V guest console access is based on RDP instead of VNC.
This blueprint adds RDP support in Nova, implemented in a way consistent with
the existing VNC and SPICE protocols.

It's an essential feature for Hyper-V, requiring a relatively small
implementation in the Hyper-V driver and a Nova public API .

Blueprint:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/hyper-v-rdp-console

Reviews:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/41265/
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/43312/
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/43502/

Here's also a link for the related python-novaclient commit:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/44250/

This blueprint, implemented during the H3 timeframe has been temporarily
blocked with a -2 between Aug 12th and Aug 27th due to the dependency on the
admin-api blueprint which has subsequently been cancelled
(https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/admin-api).
This led to not being able to commit the final implementation until very late
in the H3 cycle, thus the FFE request now.

The commits related to this blueprint remained basically unreviewed since then,
but I definitely cannot complain.
The Nova team has been amazingly helpful in getting most of the Havana Hyper-V
blueprints merged in time for H3 against all odds, which definitely deserves a
big THANK YOU from the Hyper-V sub-project team! :-)

Due to its importance for Hyper-V support in OpenStack, it'd be great if we
could be able to give a chance to this Havana blueprint to be reviewed as well,
if possible.

Beside the ML and direct emails, I'll be also available anytime to talk about
this on IRC: alexpilotti

Thanks!

Alessandro