On 09/25/2013 01:51 AM, Gabriel Hurley wrote
4. There is a thought about tagging the alarms by user defined tag, so
user can easily group alarms together and then watch them together
based on their tag.
The alarm API don't provide that directly, but you can imagine some sort of
filter based on description matching some texts.
I'd love to see this as an extension to the alarm API. I think tracking
metadata about alarms (e.g. tags or arbitrary key-value pairs) would be
tremendously useful.

yes, that sound like a very good idea.

5. There is a thought about generating a default alarms, that could
observe the most important things (verifying good behaviour, showing bad
behaviour).
Does anybody have an idea which alarms could be the most important and
usable for everybody?
I'm not sure you want to create alarm by default; alarm are resources, I don't
think we should create resources without the user asking for it.
Seconded.

Continues as Alarms Groups or Triggers conversation in this thread.

Maybe you were talking about generating alarm template? You could start
with things like CPU usage staying at >90% for more than 1 hour, and having
an action that alerts the user via mail.
Same for disk usage.
We do this kind of "template" for common user tasks with security group rules
already. The same concept applies to alarms.

Ok, will check this out.

Thank you for the feedback,
Ladislav