I would like to propose my candidacy for the OpenStack Technical Committee.

I originated and led the Heat project with a small team of core developers from Red Hat in early 2012. I am also a core member of the Heat team and have contributed to Heat's progress through incubation and integration status. My original vision for the leadership of the Heat project was based upon the book "The Starfish and The Spider" [1] in which decentralized organizations such as OpenStack harness natural consequences of emergent [2] systems.

I have a strong first-hand grasp of organizing small groups into producing great results and plan to act as a facilitator to projects that are seeking incubation or have become incubated and need a bit further help making their way into Integrated status in OpenStack. My main objective serving in the Technical Committee is to help drive the growth of OpenStack through new project integration and growth. I am also a firm believer in transparency and would strive to help the community in general understand the consensus and decisions of the Technical Committee.

I have a strong background in this area - having originated the open source projects Corosync [3] which serves as the underpinnings of high availability in Linux and other platforms as well as Heat which is near and dear to all of us working in OpenStack. Given the success of both these projects which require a high degree of transparency and decentralized leadership, I believe I am a good match for serving the OpenStack community via the Technical Committee.

I would appreciate your vote for growing new OpenStack projects into full integrated status and improved TC transparency by serving the OpenStack community in the Technical Committee.

Kind Regards,
-steve

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Starfish_and_the_Spider
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergence