Confirmed.

On 10/10/2013 08:18 PM, Mark McClain wrote:
All-

I'd like to announce my candidacy to continue serving on the Technical
Committee.

About Me
-------------
I am currently a member of the Technical Committee and the Networking (Neutron)
PTL.  I began working as developer on OpenStack during the Essex cycle. In
addition to my work on Neutron, I have contributed code and reviews to most of
the other integrated projects. I believe that cross project contributions are
essential to foster collaboration and sharing of ideas within our community.
I'm a member of the Stable Release Team and the Requirements Team.  My work on
both teams provides a cross project view of our community with an eye towards
stability and consistency.  Outside of development, I travel worldwide to
conferences to advocate and educate on OpenStack and interact with users and
deployers.  I've been professionally developing Python software for 13 years.

Platform
-----------
OpenStack is one community comprised of many parts and we must function as one
unit to continue our growth.  As a TC member, I will continue to place the
interests of the larger community first when making decisions.  There are
several key areas I'd like to see the TC focus on:

Unified Experience
        For OpenStack to be successful we must strive to provide a unified
experience for both users and deployers.  Users want tools that are well
documented and easy to use.  The documentation and tools must be portable
across deployments (both public and private) so that users do not need to
concern themselves with the implementation details.  At the same time,
deployers should be able to upgrade between releases and maintain a known level
of compatibility.  Our community has worked hard to improve this experience and
this should remain a focus going forward.

Development
        The Technical Committee should serve as a high level forum to
facilitate defining cross project technical and procedural requirements.  While
many of our programs share commonalities, there are still differences in
policies and technical decisions.  The TC should work to build consensus and
reduce the differences between the projects so the community can function as
one.

Scope
        The issue of scope was a recurring theme during my recent term on the
TC.  As the OpenStack ecosystem grows beyond Infrastructure as a Service, the
committee needs to more clearly define the criteria used to determine the kind
of projects and programs that fit within the scope of integrated releases and
how they move through the progression of incubation to graduation.  In addition
to defining the criteria, the Technical Committee should to work develop
policies and procedures to provide some guidance to projects which are outside
of the scope an integrated release, but valuable to our community.

We have built a very special community through the contributions of many.
These contributions have powered our phenomenal growth and I'm excited about
our future!

Thanks,
mark