+2 More collaboration the better :)

From: Stan Lagun <sla...@mirantis.com<mailto:sla...@mirantis.com>>
Date: Monday, October 14, 2013 1:20 PM
<openstack-dev@lists.openstack.org<mailto:openstack-dev@lists.openstack.org>>
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [Mistral] Announcing a new task scheduling and
orchestration service for OpenStack

> Why exactly aren't you just calling this Convection and/or collaborating
> with the developers who came up with it?

We do actively collaborate with TaskFlow/StateManagement team who are also the
authors of Convection proposal. This is a joint project and we invite you and
other developers to join and contribute.
Convection is a Microsoft trademark. That's why Mistral

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 12:04 AM, Clint Byrum
<cl...@fewbar.com<mailto:cl...@fewbar.com>> wrote:
Excerpts from Renat Akhmerov's message of 2013-10-14 12:40:28 -0700:
> Hi OpenStackers,
>
> I am proud to announce the official launch of the Mistral project. At
> Mirantis we have a team to start contributing to the project right away. We
> invite anybody interested in task service & state management to join the
> initiative.
>
> Mistral is a new OpenStack service designed for task flow control,
> scheduling, and execution. The project will implement Convection proposal
> (https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Convection) and provide an API and
> domain-specific language that enables users to manage tasks and their
> dependencies, and to define workflows, triggers, and events. The service will
> provide the ability to schedule tasks, as well as to define and manage
> external sources of events to act as task execution triggers.

Why exactly aren't you just calling this Convection and/or collaborating
with the developers who came up with it?

Sincerely yours
Stanislav (Stan) Lagun
Senior Developer
Mirantis