Hello,

I am working on a Heat plugin that makes a new resource available in a
template. It's working great and I will opensource it this week if I
can get the packaging right...

Right now, I am linking my module.py file in /usr/lib/heat to get it
loaded when heat-engine starts. But according to the doc, I am
supposed to be able to make the plugin discoverable by heat-engine if
the module appears in the package "heat.engine.plugins"[1]

I looked into the plugin_loader module in the Heat source code and it
looks like it should work. However I was unable to get a proper Python
package.

Has anyone been able to make this packaging right for an external Heat plugin?

Thanks in advance,

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Heat/Plugins#Installation_and_Configuration

--
@sam_alba