From: openstack learner [mailto:openstacklea...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, October 18, 2013 11:57 AM
To: openst...@lists.openstack.org; openstack-dev@lists.openstack.org
Subject: [openstack-dev] Does openstack have a notification system that will
let us know when a server changes state ?

Hi all,

I am using the openstack python api. After I boot an instance, I will keep
polling the instance status to check if its status changes from BUILD to ACTIVE.

My question is:

does openstack have a notification system that will let us know when a vm
changes state (e.g. goes into ACTIVE state)? then we won't have to keep on
polling it  when we need to know the change of the machine state.
Thanks
xin