Hi,

Looking at the code for the linux DHCP agent, there's a comment
about trying to figure out how to indicate other options (ra-only,
slaac, ra-nameservers, and ra-stateless).

https://github.com/openstack/neutron/blob/master/neutron/agent/linux/dhcp.py#L330

I decided to take a crack at creating a blueprint, as well as some code.

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/neutron/+spec/dnsmasq-mode-keyword

I don't know if adding the "dhcp_mode" attribute to Subnets should be
considered an API extension (and the code should be converted to an API
extension) or if we're simply specifying behavior that was originally undefined.

The motivation is to help Neutron work with IPv6 - which is a must-have
for Comcast.

--
Sean M. Collins