On 22/10/13 09:15, Thomas Spatzier wrote:
BTW, the convention of properties being input and attributes being output,
i.e. that subtle distinction between properties and attributes is not
really intuitive, at least not to me as non-native speaker, because I used
to use both words as synonyms.

As a native speaker, I can confidently state that it's not intuitive to anyone ;)

We unfortunately inherited these names from the Properties section and the Fn::GetAtt function in cfn templates. It's even worse than that, because there's a whole category of... uh... things (DependsOn, DeletionPolicy, &c.) that don't even have a name - I always have to resist the urge to call them 'attributes' too.

- ZB