> It's not intuitive to the User, if they are specifying a version alone.  You
> don't boot a 'version' of something, with specifying what that some thing is.
>  I would rather they only specified the datastore_type alone, and not have
> them specify a version at all.

I agree for most users just selecting the datastore_type would be most intutive.

However, when they specify a version it's going to a be GUID which they could
only possibly know if they have recently enumerated all versions and thus
*know* the version is for the given type they want. In that case I don't think
most users would appreciate having to also pass the type- it would just be
redundant. So in that case why not make it optional?