From: Artem Dmytrenko
Date: 2013-10-22 02:51
To: yong sheng gong \(gong...@unitedstack.com\); cloudbe...@gmail.com;
OpenStack Development Mailing List
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] Distributed Virtual Router Discussion
Hi Swaminathan.

I work for a virtual networking startup called Midokura and I'm very interested
in joining the discussion. We currently have distributed router implementation
using existing Neutron API. Could you clarify why distributed vs centrally
located routing implementation need to be distinguished? Another question is
that are you proposing distributed routing implementation for tenant routers or
for the router connecting the virtual cloud to the external network? The reason
that I'm asking this question is because our company would also like to propose
a router implementation that would eliminate a single point uplink failures. We
have submitted a couple blueprints on that topic
(https://blueprints.launchpad.net/neutron/+spec/provider-router-support,
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/neutron/+spec/bgp-dynamic-routing) and would
appreciate an opportunity to collaborate on making it a reality.

Note that the images in your document are badly corrupted - maybe my questions
could already be answered by your diagrams. Could you update your document with
legible diagrams?

Looking forward to further discussing this topic with you!

Sincerely,
Artem Dmytrenko

On Mon, 10/21/13, Vasudevan, Swaminathan (PNB Roseville)