Lakshminaraya Renganarayana/Watson/IBM@IBMUS wrote on 10/30/2013 03:35:32
PM:

> Zane Bitter <zbit...@redhat.com> wrote on 10/29/2013 08:46:21 AM:
> In this method
> > (i.e. option (2) above) shouldn't we be building the dependency graph
in
> > Heat rather than running through them sequentially as specified by the

> > user? In that case, we should use a dictionary not a list:
> >
> >    app_server:
> >      type: OS::Nova::Server
> >      properties:
> >        components:
> >          install_user_profile:
> >            definition: InstallWasProfile
> >            params:
> >              user_id
> >          install_admin_profile:
> >            definition: InstallWasProfile
> >            params:
> >              admin_id
>
> I missed this implication of using a list! You are right, it should be
> a dictionary and Heat would be building the dependence graph.

Using a dictionary instead of a list can work, but I think we might be
going overboard here.  Do we expect the component invocations on a given
VM instance to run concurrently?  I think that has been dissed before.
Chef users are happy to let a role be a list of recipes, not a DAG.  A
list is simple; is there an actual problem with it?

Regards,
Mike