Greetings all,

I am in the process of building out an application on top of horizon,
but my application actually has nothing to do with OpenStack.

You see, I am planning on using Keystone as my identity service for
the applications and would also like to add a GUI for user management.
 I know openstack_dashboard provides this, however right now, the
requirement require I run keystone plus nova and glance.

I quickly hacked openstack_dashboard to simply provide 'Identity' as
the only admin panel for openstack_dashboard and it worked pretty
well.  However, the more I played around and read the documentation,
it seemed the right approach was to build atop of horizon and not
openstack_dashboard.

So, for the moment, I have embedded openstack_dashboard admin
(identity) and settings dashboards with my django project, but to be
honest I don't really want to do this or take on the maintenance
burdon to maintain them.

So, what I am wondering is how do you guys / gals see people who want
to leverage keystone (or another openstack project) and build
something atop horizon?  Would you be open to breaking out the
identity dashboard into its own package that people could extend upon?
Or is there another approach you recommend taking?

--
Paul Belanger | PolyBeacon, Inc.
Jabber: paul.belan...@polybeacon.com | IRC: pabelanger (Freenode)