Excerpts from Matthias Runge's message of 2013-11-11 00:04:52 -0800:
> On 11/10/2013 11:53 PM, John Dickinson wrote:
> > A random off-the-top-of-my-head use case would be to subscribe to
> > events from creating or changing objects in a particular Swift
> > account or container. This would allow much more efficient listings
> > in Horizon for active containers (and may also be consumed by other
> > listeners too).
> >
> > --John
> >

> yupp.
> There are many many usecases for this, and we'd get rid of pulling
> services for status.

Note that Heat can also make use of this, and a need for such things
came up during several session discussions. I forget who said this,
but it sums up the problem:

"Polling sucks"

I'd hope that we keep it a public API of some sorts, so that users can
also take advantage of it.