From: Eugene Nikanorov [mailto:enikano...@mirantis.com]
Sent: Monday, November 18, 2013 6:52 AM
To: OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions)
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [Neutron][LBaaS] Loadbalancer instance design.

> How do you plan to handle API compatibility?
The new API is not compatible and i think there was a consensus that such
change is needed and incompatibility is justified.

> Is an extension for each (eg. add router_id to a loadblancer resource)
> necessary ?
Basically, yes, there should be an extension for each kind of binding with the
exception that binding to providers is a part of lbaas API.

Thanks,
Eugene.

On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 7:26 AM, Itsuro ODA
<o...@valinux.co.jp<mailto:o...@valinux.co.jp>> wrote:
Hi,

> 2. Loadbalancer can be used to bind configuration to a provider, device,
> agent (host), router

What's the plan about this ?
Is an extension for each (eg. add router_id to a loadblancer resource)
necessary ?

Thanks.
Itsuro Oda

On Fri, 15 Nov 2013 17:14:47 +0400