I see it as important (and not theoretical).

I'd like to use oslo.messaging (and oslo.messaging.rpc) in taskflow (to
prototype how a distributed engine would work using it) and bringing in a
library which requires global configuration is almost a non-starter for
me. Although taskflow is targeted at being used in openstack it still is a
generic library and a library shouldn't bring in dependencies which are
only configurable in 1 manner (via a global config via oslo.cfg); to me
that¹s bad style & forces an ideology on users of taskflow (which limits
adoption).

So maybe this is a use-case that can be the rationale for oslo.messaging?