On 11/18/2013 02:41 AM, Yair Fried wrote:
I'm editing tempest/scenario/test_network_basic_ops.py for external
connectivity as the TODO listed in its docstring.

the test cases are for pinging against external ip and url to test
connectivity and dns respectivly.
since default deployement (devstack gate) doesn't have external
connectivity I was thinking on one or all of the following

 1. test against public network gateway
 2. add fields in tempest.conf for
      * external connectivity = False/True
      * external ip to test against (ie 8.8.8.8)

+1 for #2. In the gate we'll need to think about what that address can / should be. It may be different between different AZs. At this point I'd leave the rest of the options off the table until #2 is working reliably.

 3. Regarding DNS:
     1. assume that external connectivity means dns is also configured
     2. activly configure dns on subnet creation (based on tempest.conf

Comments/suggestions will be much appriciated

Regards
Yair Fried

Sean Dague
http://dague.net