On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 9:10 AM, Michael Still <mi...@stillhq.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 7:44 AM, Clark Boylan <clark.boy...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> How do we avoid this in the future? Step one is reviewers that are
>> approving changes (or reverifying them) should keep an eye on the gate
>> queue.
>
> Talking on the -infra IRC channel just now, it has become clear to me
> that we need to stop approving _any_ change for now until we have the
> gate fixed. All we're doing at the moment is rechecking over and over
> because the gate is too unreliable to actually pass changes. This is
> making debugging the gate significantly harder.
>
> Could cores please refrain from approving code until the gate issues
> are resolved?

I am pleased to say that people much smarter than me seem to have now
resolved the gate issues. It is now safe to approve code once again.

Expect a long merge queue as the backlog clears, so perhaps start by
approving patches which were approved before we downed tools?

Cheers,
Michael

--
Rackspace Australia