On 11/20/2013 9:35 PM, Lingxian Kong wrote:
hi Matt:

noticed there is no consensus there[1], any progress outside the ML?

[1]
http://lists.openstack.org/__pipermail/openstack-dev/2013-__October/016385.html
<http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2013-October/016385.html>

2013/11/21 Oleg Gelbukh <ogelb...@mirantis.com
<mailto:ogelb...@mirantis.com>>

    Matt,

    Thank you for bringing this up. I've been following this thread and
    the idea is somewhat aligned with our approach, but we'd like to
    take one step further.

    In this Diagnostic API, we want to collect information about system
    state from sources outside to OpenStack. We'd probably should
    extract this call from Nova API and use it in our implementation to
    get hypervisor-specific information about virtual machines which
    exist on the node. But the idea is to get vision into the system
    state alternative to that provided by OpenStack APIs.

    May be we should reconsider our naming to avoid confusion and call
    this Instrumentation API or something like that?

    --
    Best regards,
    Oleg Gelbukh

    On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 6:45 PM, Matt Riedemann