I work with lots of different clouds and any time I switch focus to a terminal
I have to figure out which cloud it’s environment is set up to use.  My
terminal emulator has the same color scheme as my IRC client, so I’ve probably
typed “set | grep OS_” into IRC accidentally about a million times over the
years.

Another fun one is that several times over the years I’ve gotten pings on IRC
because someone was trying to copy/paste a large section of text from an IRC
meeting into an email (usually to continue a conversation that was started
during a meeting after we ran out of time).  Several times someone has
accidentally pasted the text right back into their IRC client instead of their
email client, so everyone in the meeting got notified that they’d been
mentioned again.

At Your Service,

Mark T. Voelker