On 2/11/2017 11:47 AM, John Griffith wrote:

It seems like just moving Nova to V3 in Pike would alleviate quite a few
snarls here.  The fact that V3.0 is just pointing back to V2 for Cinder
calls anyway I'm uncertain there's a huge downside to this.  Nova +
Cinder V2 coverage is only an entry point issue IIUC (V3.0 points to
Cinder V2 API server calls anyway based on what I was looking at).  So
it's more an issue of cinderclient and what it's set up at no?
Honestly, this is another one of those things we probably need to unwind
together at PTG.  The V3 Cinder thing has proven to be quite thorny.

Scott's nova patch to support cinder v3 is dependent on a python-cinderclient change for version discovery for min/max versions in the v3 API. Once that's released we just bump the minimum required cinderclient in global-requirements for pike and we should be good to go there.

But overall yeah I like the idea of just defaulting to cinderv3 in Pike, as long as we can still get cinderv2 coverage in CI in master, which I think we can do via grenade jobs.

Matt Riedemann