On 02/12/2017 02:24 PM, Emilien Macchi wrote:
Quick updates:

- All FFEs patches have been merged except:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/330050/ - so we're green on this
side.
- Upgrade team is still working on automation to upgrade from newton to ocata.
- ovb-updates (CI job with IPv6) doesn't pass -
https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1663187 - See
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/432761/ for a potential fix.
- our CI is testing OpenStack from trunk, we have regular promotions.

At this stage, I believe we can release TripleO Ocata RC1 by Thursday
17th, considering Congress will be landed, 1663187 fixed, no new
blocker in CI.

I think upgrade folks will still have some patches after Thursday, but
I don't think it's a big deal, we'll just backport them to
stable/ocata.

Please let us know asap if you see more blockers for Ocata RC1.

I would like to propose https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1664331 as a release blocker, mostly because if someone ran an undercloud upgrade without us fixing that I believe it could break their undercloud Heat in a way that would be difficult to recover from (should probably discuss that with the Heat team though to make sure I'm not wrong about the impact).

If we can't fix it before release, then I think we should at least merge the _stackrc_exists fix and essentially block undercloud upgrades until we fix the member role logic. That way we can backport the fix knowing that no one has run a bad upgrade.