-----Original Message-----
From: Andrey Kurilin <akuri...@mirantis.com>
Reply: OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions)
<openstack-dev@lists.openstack.org>
Date: February 16, 2017 at 07:08:19
<openstack-dev@lists.openstack.org>
Subject:  Re: [openstack-dev] [all] Do we need service types at all?!
(Re: [octavia][sdk] service name for octavia)

> On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 1:57 PM, Radomir Dopieralski > > wrote:
>
> > I think that you have to remember that OpenStack doesn't only work with
> > officially approved OpenStack services, but with any services that have a
> > conforming API.
> >

> Yes, I forgot about it. But it changes nothing.
> Custom implementation of particular service should cover the same API as an
> official one. For me, as for user, it doesn't metter if there is Keystone
> or MyAwesomeKeystone, I want just an service which implements Keystone
> functionality.

As others are trying to explain, what you want is the "OpenStack
Identity API", not a service whose name matches "*Keystone*". Keystone
is the implementation "Identity" is the thing it does and what you're
looking for from a service that is not Keystone.

Same goes for clouds that swap out RadosGW for Swift. They're looking
for an OpenStack Object Store API. They're not fuzzy matching on
project name.

--
Ian Cordasco